The route at the moment is not set in stone, due to the changing nature of some of the countries we are looking to travel through, our route will be decided nearer the time (with the help of the UK Foreign Office).
For now the recommended route is across Europe and down the East Coast of Africa down to South Africa.
- We are thinking about going via Morocco and then across Africa and down... (29/6/14).
- We have planned a tentative route starting in Morocco and cutting across the bottom of the Sahara (07/12/14).
- Route wise I think we have the basic idea - having had a few hiccups with whether boarders are open we think we will be ok. We won't however know the final route until we are on our way (24/06/15).
- So by now you will know our route taken but here is a recap.. Boat to France, Spain, boat to Morocco, Mauritania, Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Cameroon, Congo, DRC, Angola, Namibia, Zambia.. From here (11.05.16) we are headed to Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia and then South Africa.. We plan to finish around Christmas time!
- FINAL Route went like this... France, Spain, Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauritania, Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Cameroon, Congo, DRC, Angola, Namibia, Zambia, Malawi, Zambia, Botswana, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, Swaziland, South Africa!