Monday 16 March 2015

Drives like a dream (C.Cooper 2015)

So as Charles sits in front of the TV fixing my laminator - which I broke... and I ply him with ice cream to keep him happy .. and fixing my laminator, I felt I should do something useful..

So if you have been reading/keeping up with our facebook page - Where to Next Africa https://www.facebook.com/pages/Where-to-next-Africa/301927936647306?fref=ts - you may be aware that the boys bought new wheels and tires last week and proceeded to fit them at the weekend. We also had a new clutch put in our disco so according to Charles she now drives like a dream... I have yet to verify this spurious claim.... We are going camping at the weekend so watch this space...



The boys have been in contact with two guys who are about to leave to do the same trip as us, Key2Africa. We are meeting up with them on Saturday for their leaving do, however they have provided us with some great information and insights to their travel plans. They were going to do a similar route as us however due to certain boarders being closed they have had to think about alternate routes - they gave us a great website which shows current boarder restrictions and also an alternate shipping route if things carry on in a similar way.

Africa boarder monitor - http://www.africabordermonitor.com/
Blog with the shipping info - http://www.africabordermonitor.com/

Apart from these events not much has been going on, we have been playing around with a new camera, bought mosquito nets and double sleeping bags (Go Outdoors) and have been testing them out (a bit hot however in a heated house with a 3 season sleeping bag!). We have a moving out date (27th July), a vague leaving date and 3 lots of injections to have!

My next job is to sort out the medical kit which is something I aim to do when I am on Easter Holidays which are in the next 2 weeks! We spoke to a family friend who told us to ring the Hospital of Tropical Medicine's travel helpline to help us with Malaria tablets- which type to take and when - so that is also a job for me to do! They apparently will also advise on the drugs to get out through a private prescription - mainly involving stomach problems... I say no more!!

So lots of things still to do, a few less on the car but more to do admin wise! Just now got to wait for the passports...!

No comments:

Post a Comment